Student Employment Opportunity – Summer 2016
Accounting Services has a learning opportunity in our Accounts Payable area for an immediate start. $10/hour. Office experience preferred, but no accounting experience required. Business-related major preferred. Students in any year in school, including incoming freshmen to any UW school, Madison College or Edgewood.
Dates of Employment: Mid-May through September 1, 2016
Duties: Perform invoice review and data capture for external data request
· Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the campus environment.
· Demonstrate teamwork, integrity, and accountability.
· Assist and collaborate with team members.
· Work full-time mid-May through Sept 1, 2016
· Business-related major preferred, but not required.
· Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive attitude and enthusiasm in the performance of responsibilities
· Accuracy and attention to detail
Location: 21 N Park Street on the UW-Madison campus
Apply by May 10, 2016 by sending your resume as an attachment to dawn.rekoske@ wisc.edu. Please indicate where/how you learned about this position.
Accounting Services within the Division of Business Services provides financial services for the UW-Madison including the processing and reporting of accounting data. It provides these services for 40 colleges and divisions and approximately 438 departments. In FY 2012 $2.4 billion of expenditures were posted. The department employs approximately 42 permanent employees and 15 student employees. See http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/acct.html.
A criminal background check will be conducted prior to hiring.
Accounting Services participates in WiGrow, the Vice Chancellor’s Office for Finance and Administration’s student employee development program. We are also a partner with Recruitment Initiative for Student Employees (R.I.S.E.)
For more information about Accounting Services see http://www.bussvc.wisc.edu/acct/acct.html.